Re: PC Sat 2 29MHz RX.

> ...I  wondered if you discovered the
> cause of failure of the HF RX on PCSAT-2?

Yes, the HF antenna broke cleanly at the base where the Integration team had made two SHARP right angle bends in the metal with a pair of pliers to make it fit better prior-to-deployment.  A right angle bend in a brittle berillium copper was a dumb thing to do, but it was done without my oversight by the ISS integration team.

So the only thing holding the "tape-measure" antenna together was the kapton tape. (no conduction).  Even that snapped off in the astronauts hand when she prepared to fold it back into its case during the final EVA for return to earth.

So not only did we not have an HF antenna, we also did not have one of the polarizaions of the 2m links either...  This was evident in some of he fading on the downlink.

Bob