sun noise and other natural noise sources

I am working on an S-band receive setup.  I currently operate X band terrestrial, and used sun noise as a test of my receive equipment there.  It is quite weak on 10 GHz.  Noise from the earth (aimed at the ground) is many times stronger.  Aiming at trees, buildings, etc produce substantial noise on 10 GHz.  The question I have is... Can I use the same techniques on 2.4 GHz?   Of course antenna gain is lower, but noise figure should be fairly close - 1dB or so....

I have 2 units for 2.4 I'm testing.  one has an integral yagi antenna, supposedly about 16dB gain.  The other has an N connector, of which I have not designed an antenna for it yet.

So, the question is... is sun noise stronger, weaker on 2.4 than on 10 ghz?  If equipment is functioning properly should I be able to detect the sun?  I actually didnt think about trying to hear a tree on it, but they should also be noise sources on that band as well.

 Michael Heim
ARS KD0AR