Re: Discones

> Looking at the DS3000A from AOR USA.  Wondering if it isa good
> backup/permanent installation versus the portable of handheld yagis
> like the
> Arrow.

I wouldn't consider it for satellite work. It is a gain-less design,
even though AOR claims 2.15 dBi (at 144 MHz), 3.0 dBi (at 430, 904,
1200 MHz).

Difficult to get it "perpendicular" to the birds, too...

Interesting antenna for events - it draws attention. But if you have
to spend some money on weird antennas, grab a M2 Eggbeater for RX.

At shows, I mount my Eggbeater on a rotator...I call it my "Souffle'
Antenna."

Clint Bradford, K6LCS