Re: Radio setups

On Aug 31, 2008, at 12:44 PM, Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK) wrote:
>  I can, and regularly do, change my transmit
> frequency while transmitting on these 817s.  Very nice!  I don't
> know if that is possible with computer control, but the "big" knob
> on the front will do that.

One of the nice features of the old FT-780R is the switch on the back
of the rig that allows one to activate a "SAT" mode which allows one
to switch between having the transmitter changing frequency during
transmit and having it locked during transmit. This is a nice feature;
one gets the best of both worlds. I would think this would be easy to
implement in software with today's modern radios. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey