Re: bird to bird fun

----- Original Message -----
From: <w7lrd@comcast.net>
To: "AMSAT-BB" <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:07 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] bird to bird fun

> Hello All
> Here's an interesting endeavor.  The downlink on AO-7 mode B is 145.950
> which is the uplink for FO-29.  So you could hear yourself (or anyone
> else on the FO-29 downlink at 435.850, when both are in view.   I think
> there was something like this back in the days of the RS birds.  Why
> bother?
> Well we have to do something to keep our interest going while waiting for
> the next HEO.  Plus it's fun.
> 73 Bob W7LRD
> Seattle
>
> --
> "if this were easy, everyone would be doing it"

Hi Bob, W7LRD

Since OSCAR-7 mode B and FO-29 mode-J have both inverting transponders using
SSB it happens that to be received as usually in USB over the FO-29 downlink
we must transmit as well USB into the OSCAR-7 uplink.

Since the noise translated by OSCAR-7 mode-B is very high probably a try on
CW will be convenient.

As Rick WA4NVM pointed out with OSCAR-7 mode-B and OSCAR-8 mode-J
it was a common practice.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico