Compass sounding better

Mike,
on the 14:10 pass over the eastern US, I was able to upload the heater
off and test beacon commands several times successfully. I also heard
confirmation tones several other times during the pass, so others are
also able to get into the satellite.
I commanded the test beacon several times and got confirmation, but
never did hear the beacon come on during the pass. Perhaps because so
many people were sending commands at the same time, it just kept
resetting a timer.
I believe Compass is getting healthier; it certainly seems a LOT more
responsive today than it was, say 4 days ago. I think this is
encouraging. Hopefully someone can get a beacon out of it this pass. I
wlll be listening up for the 15:43 pass and hope to hear a beacon then.

73 de Bob W1ICW