TS-2000 sensitivity mod-production years?

Hello all,

There has been a few posts lately about the "sensitivity mod" for the TS-2000 radio--but it seems like there was a point when Kenwood may have "fixed" the issue.

Does anybody know the production year, or serial number ranges, that apply to radios needing the "improvement"?   I've always thought mine was a bit deaf, esp. on 2M.

I bought my TS-2000X in early 2004...my serial number starts with 509.

(I just performed the mod, but I'm not sure I can see an improvement--but haven't been able to test it on a bird yet).

Thanks!

Mark L. Hammond  [N8MH]