Re: TS2000 VS FT847

Stuart,

I am assuming you mean the horrible birdie on 436.795 which makes working
AO-27 and SO-50 tricky to impossible?  No, there is nothing like that in the
FT-847, though it has a few low level birdies.  They can often be reduced by
making certain that the grounding screws for the PC boards are tight, and
that the insulating mask is scraped clear.

The early TS2000 had VHF/UHF sensitivity issues.  There is a fix for that
available, and recent production runs have had that fix included.  However,
needing to run the preamps with local repeaters would make me wonder if
there is a problem somewhere.  The FT-847 works fine without the preamps for
all but weak signal and satellite ops.

Alan
WA4SCA