Re: DIY: Parabolic mirror

An awful lot of work for something that is not intrinsically difficult to do. I find a lot of the Make stuff is like that...

For solar heating/cooking applications (and, by extension, our RF stuff), the mirror doesn't need to be anywhere nearly that accurate anyway. Since we're not imaging things, it's useful if our spot size/circle of confusion is about the same size as the sensor or other object it's aimed at.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte