Re: AMSAT Journal

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 19:49 -0400, David - KG4ZLB/MØZLB wrote:
> Martha tells me that the Journal was mailed out last week - has anyone
> else not received it or am I being an optimist in expecting it by now
> down here in SW FL?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> David
> KG4ZLB

Hello Dave.

I work for a print shop that does mailings as part of their business.

It all depends on when the mailer gets the mailings from the printer.
Then the mailer prints the addresses on the mailing and sorts them out
into their respective zip codes. This then in turn gets sorted by state
and regions. Then depending on how the mailing is set up, it is shipped
to those states/regions via truck to the bulk mailing centers for the
USPS and then they start the process in reverse. Sometimes it takes any-
where from one to three days for those shipments to get from the mailer
to the regional bulk mailing center and then they in turn may take up to
three days to sort and send to respective zip codes.

Remember one thing, BULK mail is NOT a high priority like First class
mailing, so it DOES take longer to get done.

Hope this helps out some.

James W8ISS