Re: DO-64 observation

Rick - I think that they use a permanent magnet aligned with the long
axis of the satellite. When it goes over the magnetic poles, the
permanent magnet (an the satellite) flip to follow the magnetic field
lines. Say the North end of the magnetic is the leading end of the
satellite as it ascends from equator to the pole. WHen it goes over
the pole, the north end of the satellite becomes the trailing edge as
the satellite descends form the pole to the equator. Slick. - Duffey

--
KK6MC
James Duffey