Re: way of satellite recovery?

> Somebody can I'm sure post the costs of the Shuttle
> Missions that have recovered/repaired satellites.

I think, that the only externally deployed, autonomous Amateur Satellite ever deployed and later recovered and returned to Earth was PCSAT2.

Since PCSAT2 was attached to the outside of the ISS and although it floated in space (but held with a strong grip by an astronaut until affixed to a handrail), AMSAT denied the request for an OSCAR number.  But otherwise it was completely atonomous payload.

We think it can be claimed as the only amateur satellite returned to earth.  Though of course, that can be argued for ever...

Bob, WB4APR