Re: AMSAT UK P3E Lecture HEO vs GEO. and AMSAT-NAPriorities

> It appears that leadership is allowing realities of
> a rare, expensive launch opportunity drive the mission rather than the
> mission driving the launch method,  it's a bit like the tail wagging the
> dog
> don't you think?

AO-40 was the case of a rare launch opportunity driving the mission. The
AMSAT BoD has stated that the purpose of creating a relelationship with
Intelsat would be to provide multiple launch opportunities. It seems to me
that finding an affordable launch method should be the first step rather
than the last step.

73,

John
KD6OZH