From: AB2VY <amprorg@yahoo.it>
Subject: [amsat-bb]  way of satellite recovery?
To: AMSAT-BB@amsat.org
Date: Monday, 11 August, 2008, 10:12 PM

Hi to everybody, after have reading this article about the possibility of
bringing Vanguard 1 back to Earth http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23639980/ , an
"unhealthy" idea has crossed my brain... , premise that Vanguard 1 is
"3.25-pound (1.5-kilogram), 6.4-inch-wide (16.3-centimeter-wide)" so
little.. , a program to recover/repair something of too bigger ( like... AO40 ??
......) is possible ? if the answer is "yes" the costs are too bigger
or too low than the launch costs (4.5 million  to 15 million Euros to launch)
explained by David G0MRF in the past message?
Logically it is necessary that NASA has a similar mission to which rely...
would be an interesting study on this possibility of recovery/repair a satellite
like AO40 "dead" in space

this message wants to be an open track for a discussion about "Satellite
repair in Space"

thanks for your attention and best 73

 Giulio AB2VY (ex KC2OTB)
c/o Toms River NJ