Re: WD9EWK now on VO-52!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick STODDARD (WD9EWK/VA7EWK)" <amsat-bb@wd9ewk.net>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2008 5:20 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] WD9EWK now on VO-52!

> Hi all!

snip

> I then planned to make one more attempt on FO-29 before returning
> to Phoenix this afternoon.  I found a nice high (maximum elevation
> 75 degrees) pass at 1835-1851 UTC.  I could hear the downlink about
> a minute or so into the pass, and could hear myself through FO-29
> shortly after that.  Around the halfway point of the pass, I lost
> the downlink.  I was not able to hear it for the remainder of the
> pass.
>
> My radios checked out OK, so now I need to take a look at my Yagi
> and coax.  I had a coax issue crop up a few months ago, so that
> could be the problem.  I have not read anything that would indicate
> a new problem on FO-29, and I'm hoping there are no problems with
> that satellite.
>
> Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK
> http://www.wd9ewk.net/

Hi Patrick, WD9EWK/VA7EWK

With FO-29 a low noise preamplifier antenna mounted is mandatory.

Actually FO-29 is working very well even in full eclipse here during
the night south-bound orbits.

When you are able to receive the CW beacon all the way during a whole
orbit then your receiving system is OK for it.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico