DO-64 observation

First experience with do-61 (DELFI C-3) this morning here.

1-No body was on the satellite only me calling CQ
2-From AOS to TCA signal was very good about +-3 DB above noise level
3-At TCA signal dropped below noise level too week for SSB but week for CW
4-From TCA to LOS signal remain below noise level and became too weak even for CW

I suspect the satellite antenna configuration show some directivity or it is the satellite attitude who seems to favour some part of the
orbit pass? I was never able to received my SSB dowlink on the eastern pass only a week CW carrier one time. There is some audio AGC as
increasing the audio level make's not a big change on the dowlink. I was able to uplink with the FT-847 RF gain control completely turned
off (about 1 or 2 watts).

I don't know if my results are in line with what the team planned but when the sat was on data mode i was able to copy it from AOS to LOS
but i think the TX power is reduced in transponder mode?

It make's another one to experiment with and a preamp is imperative to be able to work it with ease. Just have to get some folk's on it
here to be able to check it again.
"-"

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE