DO-64 observation

First experience with do-61 (DELFI C-3) this morning here.

1-No body was on the satellite only me calling CQ
2-From AOS to TCA signal was very good about +-3 DB above noise level
3-At TCA signal dropped below noise level too week for SSB but week for CW
4-From TCA to LOS signal remain below noise level and became too weak even for CW

I suspect the satellite antenna configuration show some directivity or it is the satellite attitude who seems to favour some part of the
orbit pass? I was never able to received my SSB dowlink on the eastern pass only a week CW carrier one time. There is some audio AGC as
increasing the audio level make's not a big change on the dowlink. I was able to uplink with the FT-847 RF gain control completely turned
off (about 1 or 2 watts).

I don't know if my results are in line with what the team planned but when the sat was on data mode i was able to copy it from AOS to LOS
but i think the TX power is reduced in transponder mode?

It make's another one to experiment with and a preamp is imperative to be able to work it with ease. Just have to get some folk's on it
here to be able to check it again.

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE
Skype VE2DWE