Re: WD9EWK's first non-FM satellite QSOs today!

> After months of trying to make a portable station that would
> allow me to work the SSB/CW satellites (first with an FT-817ND
> and AOR AR8200Mk2B wide-band receiver, then later with two
> FT-817NDs, all using my Arrow Antennas handheld Yagi), I finally
> made everything work...

Your attitude and enthusiasm continue to amaze me, Patrick - Great work!

I demo'd AO-51 yesterday morning before a club meeting of 63 folks.
 From Tarzana, CA we talked to Tennessee, West Texas, and, lo and
behold, Athens, Georgia's own N3TL came through. It was a 4.1 degree
of elevation pass for him. Let me repeat that, in case you thought
there was a typo: FOUR POINT ONE DEGREES OF ELEVATION for Tim in
Georgia. But he was cheating: he was using a full five Watts output on
his Yaesu FT-60. I refuse to use high power during my demos...(grin)

And so it goes....

Clint, K6LCS
909-241-7666