Re: [eu-amsat] AMSAT UK P3E Lecture Available

Luc:

Responding to your comment below:

------------------------

>From: Luc Leblanc <lucleblanc6@videotron.ca>

>Very nice presentations. One attract my attention was made by Peter Guelzow
DB2OS one one of his slide we can read:

>ATTRACTIVENESS OF AMATEUR RADIO HAS DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY

>FUNDING A SATELLITE FROM AMATEUR RESSOURCES ALONE NEVER WORKED BEFORE AND
WILL NOT WORK NOW.

>I don't how to explain how all the wisdom and reality knowledge seems to be
concentrated in Europe when speaking about
>>amateur satellite?

-----------------------

I agree with Peter.  And as a member of AMSAT-NA and a person that resides
in NA, I have said these statements publically many times.  Actually, one of
my last postings addresses item #1 in your e-mail.

Also, it goes without saying that #2 is an imperitive.  The only reason that
the ARISS team has been able to acquire 9 launches of hardware to ISS since
2000 is that the space agencies have a stake in our activities as it
supports getting students from 6 years old to college age interested in
science, technology and mathematice.  They are willing to invest in these
flights because they see a benefit to them as well as society.

So I think this wisdom is shared worldwide.

Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO