Re: brain picking time

Hi Bob.
There is a pre-amp kit available over here for about $70  which gives  0.26dB
noise figure and 34dB gain at 1296MHz.    Without  resorting to cavity
designs, this sounds pretty state of the art and is been  used for EME.
_http://www.g4ddk.com/_ (http://www.g4ddk.com/)      Apparently, Sam accepts
paypal and has variants of the design for 2.4G and  3.4G

In a message dated 09/08/2008 14:33:39 GMT Standard Time, w7lrd@comcast.net

Hello  Domenico & all
Thanks for all the information.    The  measured F/D ratio works out to
0.375, therefore a patch would be  appropriate.  As mentioned earlier I would be
content to just be able to  receive EME (for now).  For transmitting no doubt a
different feed would  be needed.  Currently I am looking around for a  preamp.