Help with ISS Boy Scout Contact

Hi folks:

I will be setting up the station that will contact the ISS in less than two
weeks on behalf of the Santa Barbara Amateur Radio Club and a local Boy
Scout troop. The contact is scheduled, and we have the necessary equipment.

I would like to make sure in advance that my station is tracking the ISS
correctly.  I wonder if anyone is currently making any ISS contacts (of the
not so pre-arranged type) and whether the cross-band repeater is in use.
I've listened on 145.800 for a couple of passes, but I've not heard anything
yet.

I appreciate any advice from those who have done this before.

Thanks,

Ken Owen, N6KTH
AMSAT Area Coordinator