Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

Clint,

  Cliff Buttschardt, (Morro Bay) and Harley Gabrielson (San Diego)
were personal friends of mine. I contributed nothing to its
construction (active duty as a Naval Aviator at the time), but I was
a "beta tester" a long before that name was ever invented.

I was a Pacific Region Coordinator...

Their printed terminology is Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio!!

My wife edited THE OSCAR LETTER for a long time when both Nick
Marshall and Ross Forbes were president...

She has all the copies.  You are welcome to stop by and view them at
any time...

>I think the maintainance of the true, historical record is important.
>And would respect those SKs who have passed on since their OSCAR
>ventures...May I browse through those 26 boxes next time I'm in the
>San Jose area???

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....