Re: Doppler Shift Software

Jim,

Note that Simon is working on an update and fix for the HRD satellite
module, and the preliminary screen shots look great.  Stay tuned.

Otherwise, I have used SATPC32 for years with the FT-847 with great success.

.. how to interface with the radio.

Are you referring to the hardware needed?  If so, all you need is a null
modem cable, a serial port, and an FT-847 with a bi-directional CAT.  That
last is rather important, and applies to all but the first few production
runs.  A USB serial port _should_ work fine, but some have had trouble and
needed to have the delay parameter in the setup tweaked.  I had one which
would not work no matter what I did, but that was a special case.

If you could give us some specifics of the problem, there is a good chance a
solution exists.

Alan
WA4SCA