Re: which is best software for DOPPLER in an FT-847

At 01:21 PM 8/2/2008, Alan P. Biddle wrote:
>Raul,
>
>HRD is a great program, though the Doppler correction is not quite right.
>Also, at some time the FT-847 support got broken.  Simon is aware of both
>these issues, and is doing a full update to make the satellite tracking
>function a separate program.  So don't count HRD out yet.  It should be an
>excellent program.
>
>For now, take a look at SATPC32 here:  http://www.dk1tb.de/indexeng.htm
>Erich has developed the program over the years which handles the FT-847 very
>well.  Once you set it up, it makes operating almost as easy as HF.  Almost.
>Hi Hi!  The Doppler correction is very good.  With fresh Keps and an
>accurate computer clock, it easily handles the AO-51 mode S downlink, which
>has a large and rapidly changing Doppler shift.  You can download a fully
>functional evaluation copy, and give it a try.  There are many here who use
>it and can answer your questions.  While not free, it is not expensive, and
>the registration fee goes directly to AMSAT to support the ongoing and
>future operations.
>
>73s,
>
>Alan
>WA4SCA

Having used NOVA for years and manually tracking/tuning, I decided to
purchase SATPC32 at the AMSAT Booth at the ARRL Convention in
Anchorage this last weekend.  I have both a FT-847 and a FT-817,
which I understand will tune with SATPC32.  Once I get it
operational, I will post a report here on the -bb and have a detailed
article on getting going with these two radios on my webpage:
http://www.kl7uw.com/sat.htm

73, Ed - KL7UW              BP40iq, 6m - 3cm
144-EME: FT-847, mgf-1801, 4x-xp20, 185w
http://www.kl7uw.com     AK VHF-Up Group
NA Rep. for DUBUS: dubususa@hotmail.com