Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

The January 1962 issue of CQ announced the launch of OSCAR (later called
OSCAR 1) and says Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio.  However, page
32 of the February 1962 issue shows a image of a "Father's List," with OSCAR
Logo saying Orbital Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio.  The list was flown
onboard the satellite.  So, with the letterhead on the satellite, I tend to
accept Orbital Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio.

John  WA4WDL