Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

> ...I tend to accept Orbital Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio...

Wow...this gets weirder and weirder...

I can "sense" how a writer or an editor used "Orbiting" to replace
"Orbital"without blinking an eye back in the '80s or '90s...or a
proofreader changing "Orbital" to "Orbiting" back then and thus
changing the acronym in all future literature...

I started this all because I use it as a "trivia question" during my
satellite presentations: "What does the acronym, OSCAR, stand for?"

I do not mean to irritate anyone nor instigate trouble (honest,
Rosalie!).

Thanks for the feedback!

Clint, K6LCS
909-241-7666