Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

> I am still looking for your reason on why you state "This is
> actually more
> important than it sounds...(grin)"

Well, we all strive to be correct in our research and writings. And I
am finding it very interesting that the older the articles I find, the
greater percentage cite "Orbital."

And as an editor and student of the use of the English language, I can
envision an uninformed editor or proofreader "mis-editing" a
submission of "Orbital" to "Orbiting..."

I use this in my presentations as a "trivia" question: "OSCAR is an
acronym - what does it stand for?"

I think the maintainance of the true, historical record is important.
And would respect those SKs who have passed on since their OSCAR
ventures...May I browse through those 26 boxes next time I'm in the
San Jose area???

Thank you...

Clint, K6LCS