Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

I'm in contact with a few folks that might be able to shed some light on this...

I guess this is somewhat important when referring to Project OSCAR in
academic or historical media, or when referring to the proper name of
the first OSCARs, but in daily use it isn't that critical.

One of our past presidents (Ross Forbes, K6GFJ) thinks it is
"orbiting".  We can ping Lance Ginner, K6GSJ as well.

In addition, we have a lot of old archive materials, plus our IRS
paperwork, which might be helpful.

73,

Dave
AF6KD