Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

I have only ever heard the acronym explained as Orbiting Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio.

I didn't think satellites actually earned "OSCAR" status until they officially reached orbit and, thus WERE orbiting.

Please correct me if that's not accurate.

73,

Tim - N3TL
-------------- Original message from Clint Bradford <clintbrad4d@earthlink.net>: --------------