brain picking time

Hello all
I have a couple of questions of some things I am working on-
Has anyone used that expanding foam that you use for filling holes and gaps in walls etc.  I am trying to use it for helix support inside some PVC pipe for a 2.4Ghz 6 turn helix.  Once expanded it provides a rigid support for the coil.  It stays cool in a microwave oven.  I have no idea what if any the properties are regarding microwave applications.  As with most of my efforts I just build and try.

Next question- which probably would be more aimed at a EME bb.  I have a 12 foot TVRO I am building a patch feed for 1296, and feed it through 50 feet of LMR400 to my IC-1271A.  I want to see if I am able to "hear" EME signals.  Of course if I am able to, you can guess what my next effort will be.  This will be a cheapie effort as I am only using stuff I already have.  I do have a KJ6KO L band  70 watt amp.
73 Bob W7LRD
Seattle

--
"if this were easy, everyone would be doing it"