Re: OSCAR - Acronym for...?

Thank you, Dee!

Here's a presentation from the ARRL with OrbitING...
Amateur Satellites
... the earliest days of space travel. These satellites are known as ?
OSCARs??Orbiting
Satellite Carrying Amateur Radio. The first Amateur Radio satellite ...
www.arrl.org/FandES/ead/materials/Amateur-Satellites.ppt

And here's one with OrbitAL...
Keeping Track of OSCAR: A Short History Amateur Radios ...   [PDF]
... eventually became chairman of the Project OSCAR--Or- bital
Satellite Carrying Amateur
Radio--Association located in California, and Stoner wrote the first ...
www.arrl.org/members-only/tis/info/pdf/9911065.pdf

Clint Bradford, K6LCS / KAF3359
909-241-7666