Re: WB2OQQ- Thank you for the Preamp help

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter" <roi@optonline.net>
To: <AMSAT-BB@amsat.org>
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 3:10 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] WB2OQQ- Thank you for the Preamp help

> Hello All,
>
> I wanted to thank all the members who were nice enough to give me a few
> minutes of their time to help me make a decision on a preamp for 70cm, I
> made my choice!  I look forward to helping any way that I can in the
future.

> 73
> Peter, WB2OQQ

I Peter, WB2OQQ

You missed my suggestion..........."Build your 70 preamplifier by yourself"

At the beginning you will be probably unsuccesfull and it will cost to you
more then to buy it as new in a store but in a couple of  years if you are
perseverant reading and studing into the appropriate books and magazine you
will learn the venerable art of the real satellite experimenter.

The instruments you need ?............nothing of magic but only a noise
generator made with a diode 1N21 and more important the exact knoledge of
the meaning  "Noise Figure" and how to do to adjust a preamplifier for the
lovest value using the above very simple "Noise Generator".

Best 73" de

i8CVS Domenico