Help requested for Kenwood Ts-790E

Hi to the list,
I own an Kenwood TS-790E Transceiver.
Today I wanted to try the DO-64.
I've set the radio on CW and sent it on air.
I've noticed that the S-Meter stopped on 4 of the dB line.
Without touching anything and just passing from CW to FM I saw the
S-Meter needle going up till over the 9 of the dB line.
Before I made these test I have set the radio with 10 watts in FM.
I have measured the SWR and have noticed that there are none high SWR but
Just 1.3 on both modes but I saw the power drop down to 5 watts in CW
While it was 10 Watts on FM.
Please anybody can tell me what has happened?
Thanks.

73 de Enzo IK8OZV
EasyLog 5 BetaTester
EasyLog PDA BetaTester