Antenna design

Hi All,
I am thinking of doing some changes to my 2m antenna set up.
One thing I would like to do is improve the front to back ratio.
If my memory serves me correctly a second reflector placed behind the first
reflector will archive this, however if so, this would increase the boom
length.
Is there some other method that could be used to improve the front to back
ratio?
Thanks.
73 Starr ZL3CU