Re: Dish surface 'flatness'

>The mesh covering is metaphorical, rather than actual. I watched the
>dish on its back while as a group of small children rolled the dish back
>and forth and trampled holes in the mesh. That's the reason I was able
>to ask for it. "Please take it away," was the manager's reply to my query.
>
>Now, I need to re-mesh the dish, but I need to decide what 'flatness'
>('true-ness') the surface should be. There has to be a formula, that
>encompasses things like: frequency of operation, curvature or focus
>distance, etc.

Peter,

I'm sure there some on here than can answer  your questions accurately.

But I can tell you my experience...I acquired an open framework dish,
It's about 35".  I cut gores the size of the framework, with a slight overlap,
and wired them as tightly as I could to the frame....I cut them about
2" longer than the radius, and the extension conformed nicely to the
curve of the dish...In an attempt to get a 39" dish...

I homebrew all my feeds, and it worked very successfully on AO40 at
2.4 gigs...You did not mention a frequency, and of course that is
very important..

            73, Dave, WB6LLO
                dguimon1@san.rr.com

                    Disagree: I learn....