Re: VHF UHF Rig

On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM, Mike Miller <mmiller@nctc.com> wrote:
> Thinking about selling 847.....Which rig is best for satellite..work.?
>
> ICOM 910 H
> Kenwood 2000
>
> opinions ....your 2 cents

I own a TS-2000. The birdie problem on SO-50 and AO-27 is quite real,
and there is no fix I know of. I find that the birdie is so bad that
even if I use a different receiver on UHF, I pick up the birdie on it
as well! So it is a worse radio regarding satellite work than the ICOM
if you care to work these birds.  However, if you consider the fact
that a fine HF radio is thrown in at no extra cost, that there is
continuously adjustable filtering also at no cost, you might prefer
that trade-off. I'm reasonably pleased with mine.

However, if money were no issue, I would get the ICOM for satellite
work and a different HF radio with even better characteristics.

HTH,

73, Bruce
VE9QRP