Re: Delfi-C3 (DO-64) Transponder Expected To Be TurnedOn for AMSAT-UK Colloquium!!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Ress" <bill@hsmicrowave.com>
To: "AMSAT BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 7:04 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] Delfi-C3 (DO-64) Transponder Expected To Be Turned On
for AMSAT-UK Colloquium!!

> Hello All,
>
> This weekend we should should have a new linear transponder when the
> Delfi-C3 (DO-64) transponder gets turned ON!! Yeah!!
>
> Check out the link to the AMSAT-UK web site...............
>
> http://www.uk.amsat.org/content/view/658/68/
>
> Regards...Bill - N6GHz

Hi Bill, N6GHz

Delfi-C3 (DO-64) was still in science mode during orbit 1298 to day july 24
and the digital beacon at 145.930 MHz was very strong on RHCP

The Delfi-C3 team will present the satellite on saturday 26 at 08:05 UTC
during Colloquium in Surrey and since they plan to activate the transponder
before to fly to England I guess that probably they will switch ON the
transponder tomorrow 26 july.

The transponder power is only 400 mW pep and the CW beacon at 145.870 MHz
is 10 dB belove the transponder pep i.e. only 40 mW

Do you have any information about the maximum permittet EIRP ?

73" de

i8CVS Domenico