Re: Cal Poly Satellite, CP4 Beacon Help

Tim,

Thanks for the response.  We too use MixW and we are using the

     Standard 1200/2200 Hz

setting.  The only other needed setting I believe is that MixW's mode must be set to "packet".  This is selectable in my version by clicking on the "Mode" dropdown menu right next to "File" and "Edit".

A sample of CP4's beacon can be found at

     http://polysat.calpoly.edu/Dnepr2/CalPoly/CP2_04_21_07_1300.wav

Using this, it is possible to find out if MixW has been configured correctly by changing MixW's audio source to listen to "Wave Out Mix" (the computer's audio) and playing the wav file in a media player as you would play it through your speakers.  This setting can be changed by going to the "Configure->Input Volume..."(Opens Window's Volume Control) and selecting "Wave Out Mix" instead of "Line In".  Just remember to reselect "Line In" before the real CP4 pass.

If you do not see "Wave Out Mix" in the "Configure->Input Volume..." menu, then you must go to the "Options->Properties" menu inside of the "Input Volume..." window and select "Adjust volume for Recording" instead of "Adjust volume for Playback".  Then make sure that the checkbox for "Wave Out Mix" is selected and click "OK".

Let me know if you run into any other issues.  Thanks for the support,

 - Jason Anderson, KI6GIV