Re: 2225 Miles - AO-51

>I realize this doesn't set any records of any sort, but it sure > impressed me: Contacted N3TL in Athens, GA this evening from Mira > Loma, CA on AO-51. That's 2225 miles' distance on the ground.> > What a wonderful hobby....> > Clint Bradford, K6LCS / KAF3359> 909-241-7666

Clint,

With my "limited" station (FT530 + Arrow) I was impressed when I could make a contact from DL55 to FN43 which is about 2400 miles; all that surprise was erased when, for a very limited time (about 20 seconds), I could make a contact to BP40 which is around 3100 miles and yes indeed is a wonderful hobby...
Rafael Valdez Jr.
XE2RV @ DL55

http://sat-xe.blogspot.com

EX-XE2PWF

P Before printing, please think about your responsibility and commitment with the ENVIRONMENT.
Antes de Imprimir, piensa entu responsabilidad y compromiso con el MEDIO AMBIENTE