Re: 2.4Ghz satellites and signals ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tim Tuck" <tim.tuck@penrith.net>
To: "AMSAT-BB" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 3:24 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] 2.4Ghz satellites and signals ?

> Hi all,
>
> Having just got my 2.4Ghz down converter going I was wondering if there is
any
> signals space-side besides AO-51 and the lunar orbiter that I could go and
> listen for ?
>
> regards
>
> Tim
>
> VK2XTT :: QF56if :: BMARC :: WIA :: AMSAT

Hi Tim, VK2XTT

Depending on the gain of your antenna and the overall Noise Figure of your
receiving system, you can try to receive the Sun Noise at 2400 MHz

Using my 4 ft parabolic dish ( gain = 27 dBi ) and my receiving system with
an overall Noise Figure = 0.98 dB I get actually about a (S+N)/N = 3.5 dB
of Sun Noise with the actual solar flux of 66 sfu at 2800 MHz

Receiving Sun Noise tell you if your receiving system is working or not
according to your antenna and receiver specifications because our calibrated
noise source at no cost is the Sun.

By the way a little of Radioastronomy at 2400 MHz is all we can do waiting
for P3E

If you are interested on it please let me know.

73" de

i8CVS Domenico