Re: Vanishing Hams

At 04:17 PM 7/19/2008, Daniel Schultz wrote:

>Someone proposed having internet "listen only" remote gateways so that
>newcomers could get a taste of satellite operation before obtaining their own
>equipment. We could go one better and devise a scheme that would allow
>transmit access to holders of valid amateur licenses. That would allow them to
>get on the satellites without a big investment in radio gear.
>
>Dan Schultz N8FGV

This sounds very much like what the IRLP interface does.  Perhaps a
variation would provide just such an interface.  DTMF tones could
control frequnecy shifts in steps or other functions on the radio.

Interesting idea.  I have seen other interactive internet controlled
activities for high-tech. access.  Definitely provides access for
those who cannot obtain such equipment on a personal level.

73 Ed