Re: where all the users

At 08:25 PM 7/18/2008, Dave Guimont wrote:

> >Yes puters do make it easyier,  but not tottally absolutely necessary.
> >
> >in the old days we tracked the birds using  something called math,
> >
> >Made little paper things with  clear plastic overlays to simulate the
> >birds path across the sky,
> >
> >Doppler?  uhhhh,  we tristed the vfo to keep it in tune,
> >
> >geeech,
> >
> >Joe WB9SBD
>
>Joe,
>
>I had exactly the same thoughts, but hesitated to say it for fear the
>one who made the comment would not understand "twisting a knob"!!!
>

>             73, Dave, WB6LLO
>                 dguimon1@san.rr.com
>
>                     Disagree: I learn....
>
>                Pulling for P3E...

Yeah, maybe on 435-MHz but try doing that at 1268 or 2400 on the
Leos!  Not very easy/practical.  One hand tunes the uplink, other
moves azimuth, third the elevation, and fourth keys the mic...fifth
keeps the log...uhuh.

I find operating ordinary old mode-B or mode-J hard enough and think
auto-tracking (at least) is made for the Leos.  For AO-10/13/40 its
non-issue, of course, Doppler rates and tracking rates are lower.

Ed - KL7UW