Re: Vanishing Hams

>> Our youth of today have become operators of
>> electronic toys for thier own self amusment.

Two thoughts.

1) If kids are as uninterested as some people say, maybe we
should just focus on the 50+ guys who have outgrown the need for
instant gratification and want a fun hobby that he has the time
and $$$ to do..

2) If you want a group of kids to show radio, consider boy
scouts.  Most of them soon learn how useless their cell phones
are when they are off at camp or in the wilderness.  So at least
they see that value to ham radio easily...

Bob, Wb4APR