Re: Vanishing Hams

Hi Ed-

Interesting point-of-view.  I am a "younger ham" (e.g. 33 years old)
and I have been around since I was 17.  What got me involved was a
club reaching out to the youth, and making them interested in the
value of the hobby.

The current amateur clubs and organizations I am with that actually DO
reach-out to the youth population are usually successful at generating
interest.  I do what I can to reach into the university clubs, and go
to events that have younger people, especially if there is a
science/engineering "twist" to the event.

The great thing is, at the same time I am trying to mentor younger
folks, I am still being mentored by great guys (AJ6T, AD6IW, and
yourself included through emails and your public works).  There is so
much collective knowledge out there!

73,

Dave
AF6KD (ex n0tgd)