Re: APRS Interfaces

>> A great way to keep everyone informed of such
>> adventures and events is to use an APRS or
>> DSTAR radio, or any of the low-cost under $40
>> APRS interfaces to an existing radio...
>> so others can see where you are... on your own
>> APRS web page:  http://map.findu.com/URCALL*
>
> Bob - I didn't realize that the price point had
> dropped so low...Where can we find specific info
> about these "sub-$40 interfaces" and associated
> cabling?

The Tinytrak3 from byonics.com or the opentrak from Scott, or others.  I suppose I should have a better list ready to drop in, but I am at the beach...

But then remember, I also consider APRS as NOT a vehicle tracking system (just TX devices) but more as a local information distribution system about all that is going on in ham radio in the local area.  In that sense, I prefer two-way systems with displays for the mobile operator.

Bob, WB4APR