Fwd: Royal Caribbean FAQ URL about Amateur Radio

It is my understanding that the prohibition against amateur radio
equipment on Royal Caribbean ships does not apply to HTs.  If you
click on the link
<http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do;jsessionid=0000donywOR515YoExRqE5gjvpt:12hbioan0?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=2717&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq>Are
walkie-talkies allowed onboard?  at the bottom left of the same web
page you find the following:

Q:  Are walkie-talkies allowed onboard?

A:  Dect phones (portable phones) are available to rent for $25.00 a
week on Radiance and Voyager class vessels. Guests may reserve a set
at the Guest Relations Desk, (price is subject to change). Guests are
also allowed to have two-way radios, more commonly know as
walkie-talkies, for onboard personal communications. Basic
specifications are as follows: Up to 10-mile coverage range, Up to 5
watts power, Internal Voice, Operated Transmission, No external
mounting antenna.

I have not had any problem operating satellites of Royal Caribbean
ship using my Icom W32A and an AL800 telescoping antenna.  I would
guess that the prohibition is in place to prevent amateur radio
operating on HF where you have a run of coax and an external
antenna.  This type of equipment raises safety issues with the cruise line.

Al Mattis N5AFV