Re: IC-W2A as sat rig?

> Thanks, John. On further investigation, it seems that
> the W2A will not fully suit my needs, due to an odd
> issue with this rig. It seems that the W2A will work
> cross-band in full duplex mode only, not in half
> duplex (in contrast, the W32A allows you to choose
> between full duplex and half duplex). This means that
> a W2A can only be used for sats with headphones, or
> else there will be feedback. Full duplex with
> headphones is of course the best way to work the sats,
> but sometimes it's just too inconvenient and I'd
> prefer to at least have the option of using the HT on
> half duplex with the speaker. And if the W2A desenses
> as badly as the W32A, then full duplex with headphones
> will be a total waste.
>
> I'll test it out as soon as the charger arrives.
>
> 73, Bill NZ5N

I tried this rig (IC-W2A) out tonight on AO-51 and it seemed deaf.  I
had a very good pass right over my head, but I could barely hear the
bird.  My IC-32AT with the same antenna setup works FB (Arrow
Antenna).  Anyone else used the W2A and found that it was lacking in
the sensitivity dept.?

Thanks, Chris KQ6UP