Re: Best type of coax to use ... in ... AMSAT-BB Digest,Vol 3, Issue 326

On Jul 2, 2008, at 9:34 PM, Jim Wright wrote:

>  Make sure you get the correct N connector.  You may have to trim some
> strands out of the center conductor if you get the wrong connector.  I
> had the problem with a local Ham store that had connectors for RG8/
> RG11.
> Amphenol makes one for 9913 specifically.
> 73,
> Jim

I did a very un-scienfific test with one of these -- I put it on an
old chunk of cable and gave it the "spin test".

Swung the cable around rapidly and watched it fly off the end and
across the yard.

There's just not much there holding it all together on that type of
connector.  :-)

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com