Re: NASA's American Student Moon Orbiter...

--- On Wed, 2/7/08, Dave hartzell <hartzell@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewpr.html?pid=25839
> http://asmo.arc.nasa.gov/
>
> Wouldn't it be fun to have a transponder on this!  ;-)

Fun yes, but dare I say it, a waste of precious Volunteer resources.

All lunar orbits are inherently unstable and will impact after a couple of years. The link budget requirements would not attract a mass user base.

I suspect the number of Technically Capable volunteers is already being thinly stretched in trying to provide both the primary objective Phase-IV Lite (funded by Federal Government dollars) and the secondary objective the Eagle HEO.

73 Trevor M5AKA