Re: Commercial Mode L Antenna sources

Ed,

Thanks for the info.  I can put ~75-80 watts to the antenna, so when we get
another HEO, I will have a shot at it.  The "extended" helix my friend got
is about 15.5 dbi CP gain.  The M2 is rated at 18.4 dbd (20.5dbi) linear.
So when you put all the conversions in to get it to apples to apples, you
can eat the 3 db CP to linear mismatch and the M2 is still ahead a couple of
db.

I have worked mode-L on all the past and current birds with different
antennas and amps, so it will be interesting to see what the future holds.

73s,

Alan
WA4SCA