Eliminating Desensing

I got significant de-sensing of my 2 meter downlink from my 70cm uplink at Field Day.  I know a good part of it was due to the short cross-boom (about 4 feet) I was using.  I would like to decrease the de-sense on this set-up before I permanently install it at my home station.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.

73 de W0HV, Jim in Raymore, MO
Light travels faster than sound...  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.